You’ll always get a warm welcome and top notch grub at Eagle + Child! We’re proud to be different!
A new entry in the Good Food Guide 2015, Eve Townson and her team are serving you the best locally sourced and seasonal Pennine foods using traditional recipes so you can experience the best in Lancashire pub grub and hospitality! You’ll find our home-grown vegetables in some of our dishes and know that you are eating as locally as possible as we’re committed to reducing food miles and serving high quality fresh and seasonal produce. You can enjoy some of our current locally inspired dishes including our gold award Lancashire sausage with Eve’s black pudding, Butler’s tasty Lancashire cheese and ham hock, delicious with our devilled black peas; freshly prepared quiche using our own hens’ eggs; our delicious Lancashire hotpot with braised red cabbage and the award winning ‘Double Bomber’ cheese and onion pie, just perfect with our own recipe brown sauce. We’ve been awarded the ‘Best Food Pub’ accolade in both the Manchester Food and Drink Festival awards and Lancashire Life awards for 2014!
We were also pleased to be listed in the Independent’s top 50 Sunday Roasts in the UK and winner of Alastair Sawday’s Pubs and Inns Guide 2014/15 Community Pub of the Year!
Click here for a sample menu.
You’ll find a great range of good quality cask ales as we’re working alongside Daniel Thwaites to provide top quality ales including Wainwright, Lancaster Bomber, our own ale ‘Top Bunk’ and guest and seasonal specials when available. We’re now on the East Lancs Rail Ale Trail- click here for more information! To complement our tasty grub, we’ve put together a great value wine list with a selection of great grapes from around the world. We do our own cocktails, which much like everything we do, are our twist on classic recipes! Benn will always be happy to rustle up your favourite cocktail for a special occasion!
You can be pleased that your custom is helping to tackle youth unemployment and invest in the next generation of chefs and hospitality professionals. Our social enterprise EAT Pennines trains and employs young people aged 16-25 to make sure that they have the skills and experience to move into work or further training in the food sector. Chris and Justine tell their story with a short video. Click here to see their story. We work with a wide range of young people, but are also committed to helping those at most disadvantage in the work place, including young offenders, young parents and young people with a disability. Since we opened in October 2011, we have supported 35 unemployed and disadvantaged young people into training and employment, with an 80% achievement and progression rate. We were proud to make the top 5 in the Sustainable Restaurant Association’s People’s Choice award in 2015.
Our awards and accolades to date include:
- Winner ‘Best Newcomer’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2012
- Winner ‘Best Food’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2012
- Winner ‘Best Newcomer’ Great British Pub Awards 2012
- Highly commended in the 2012 Lancashire Telegraph Business Awards for Social and Community
- Listed in the Independent’s Top 50 Sunday Roasts, 2013 + 2014
- Listed in Sawday’s Guide to Pubs and Inns 2013
- Winner ‘Best Sunday Lunch, UK’ 10th Observer Food Monthly Awards 2013
- Winner ‘Best Dining Pub’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2014
- Winner ‘Pub of 2014′ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2014
- Winner ‘Community Pub of the Year’ Sawday’s Guide to Pubs and Inns, 2014/15
- Good Food Guide 2015, new entry
- Winner ‘Best Food Pub’ Manchester Food and Drink Festival, 2014
- Winner ‘Best Food Pub’ Lancashire Life, 2014
- Runner up ‘Sustainable Restaurant Association People’s Choice Award’ 2015
Monday: 12-3, 5-11.00 (Food served 12-2.30, 5-9)
Tuesday: 12-3, 5-11.00 (Food served 12-2.30, 5-9)
Wednesday: 12-3, 5-11.00 (Food served 12-2.30, 5-9)
Thursday: 12-3, 5-11.00 (Food served 12-2.30, 5-9)
Friday: 12-11.00 (Food served 12-2.30, 5-9.30)
Saturday: 12-11.00 (Food served 12-9.30)
Sunday: 12-7.00 (Food served 12-7, Sunday lunch menu only)
Wanting to book a table? Click here or call 01706 557181 (Please call us if you are wanting to book a table on the day or at short notice. Please do not use the email link)