You’ll always get a warm welcome and top notch grub at Eagle+Child!
We’re proud to be different! If you’re interested in our Christmas brochure click here
Alex Shaw and his team are serving you the best locally sourced and seasonal Pennine foods using traditional recipes so you can experience the best in Lancashire pub grub and hospitality! You’ll find our home-grown vegetables in some of our dishes and know that you are eating as locally as possible as we’re committed to reducing food miles and serving high quality fresh and seasonal produce. You can enjoy some of our current locally inspired dishes such as shin of beef + oxtail pie; freshly prepared quiche using our own hens’ eggs; our award winning ‘Double Bomber’ cheese and onion pie, just perfect with our own recipe brown sauce. We were awarded the ‘Best Food Pub’ accolade in the Manchester Food and Drink Festival awards in both 2014 and 2016!
We were also pleased to be listed in the Independent’s top 50 Sunday Roasts in the UK and winner of Alastair Sawday’s Pubs and Inns Guide 2014/15 Community Pub of the Year! Click here for a sample menu.
You’ll find a great range of good quality cask ales as we’re working alongside Daniel Thwaites to provide top quality ales including Heritage, our own ale ‘Top Bunk’ and guest and seasonal specials when available. We’re on the East Lancs Rail Ale Trail- click here for more information! To complement our tasty grub, we’ve put together a great value wine list with a selection of great grapes from around the world. We do our own cocktails, which much like everything we do, are our twist on classic recipes! Glen or Rosie will always be happy to rustle up your favourite cocktail for a special occasion!
Winner of the Made in Bury business award for Community Impact, in 2015; you can be pleased that your custom is helping to tackle youth unemployment and invest in the next generation of chefs and hospitality professionals. Our social enterprise EAT Pennines trains and employs young people aged 16-25 to make sure that they have the skills and experience to move into work or further training in the food sector. Chris and Justine tell their story with a short video. Click here to see their story. We work with a wide range of young people, but are also committed to helping those at most disadvantage in the work place, including young offenders, young parents and young people with a disability. Since we opened in October 2011, we have supported over 80 unemployed and disadvantaged young people into training and employment, with an 75% achievement and progression rate. We were proud to make the top 5 in the Sustainable Restaurant Association’s People’s Choice award in 2015 and win the Hospitality and Tourism Skills for Business award in 2016. We were also runners up in the Bolton and Bury Business Awards for Apprentice Provider of 2016!
Our awards and accolades to date include:
- Winner ‘Best Newcomer’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2012
- Winner ‘Best Food’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2012
- Winner ‘Best Newcomer’ Great British Pub Awards 2012
- Highly commended in the 2012 Lancashire Telegraph Business Awards for Social and Community
- Listed in the Independent’s Top 50 Sunday Roasts, 2013 + 2014
- Listed in Sawday’s Guide to Pubs and Inns 2013
- Winner ‘Best Sunday Lunch, UK’ 10th Observer Food Monthly Awards 2013
- Winner ‘Best Dining Pub’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2014
- Winner ‘Pub of 2014’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2014
- Winner ‘Community Pub of the Year’ Sawday’s Guide to Pubs and Inns, 2014/15
- Winner ‘Best Food Pub’ Manchester Food and Drink Festival, 2014
- Winner ‘Best Food Pub’ Lancashire Life, 2014
- Runner up ‘Sustainable Restaurant Association People’s Choice Award’ 2015
- Winner ‘Community Impact’ Made in Bury awards, 2015
- Runner up ‘Licensee of 2016’ British Institute of Innkeeping
- Winner ‘Best Trainer’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence, 2016
- Winner ‘Hospitality + Tourism’ Skills for Business awards, 2016
- Winner ‘Entrepreneur of the year’ Skills for Business awards, 2016
- Winner ‘Best Food Pub’ Manchester Food and Drink Festival, 2016
|Monday: 12-3, 5-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9|
|Tuesday: 12-3, 5-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9|
|Wednesday: 12-3, 5-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9|
|Thursday: 12-3, 5-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9|
|Friday: 12-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9.30|
|Saturday: 12-11.00||Food served 12-9.30|
|Sunday: 12-7.00||Food served 12-7, Sunday lunch menu only|
Wanting to book a table? CLICK HERE or call 01706 557181 (Please call us if you are wanting to book a table on the day or at short notice. Please do not use the email link)