At the Eagle and Child Ramsbottom, we’re all about serving up the finest Lancashire pub grub with fresh local and seasonal ingredients. Our meat comes from the Lancashire countryside in particular the Bowland fells and our fish is supplied fresh from Fleetwood.
We’ve a great reputation for our food having won ‘Best Food Pub’ in the Manchester Food and Drink Awards in 2014 and 2016. We’ve gone back to basics and rustled up some of our Grandmas’ favourite classics which we hope will leave you feeling like you’ve been properly fed! Try our fabulous cheese and onion pie served in the old enamel pie tin or slow braised Bowland lamb hotpot! You can also enjoy casual bar snacks in our great look bar!
Winner of Lancashire Life’s ‘Family Friendly Dining’ venue of 2017, we have a great food offer for kids too and are family friendly until 8pm! After 8pm, we request that older children only (10 years and older) are in the bar and dining areas
- All food is freshly prepared using local and home grown produce. We are not a fast food restaurant, so please ensure you visit us with enough time to ensure your food can be prepared with love and care! Dishes can take up to 40 minutes during busy periods.
- Dishes may change without notice due to availability and seasonality.
- We have additional daily dishes on our specials board. We have a limited number of these and they will sell out during busy periods.
- Sunday Lunch we have a smaller menu with specials and bar snacks available. The full a la carte menu is not available on a Sunday.
- We cater for Vegan diners and those with dietary requirements. Please give us a call and we can help to ensure we cater effectively for you, whilst offering you a choice to suit your taste!
Relaxing Sundays at Eagle + Child…
You can get a great value Sunday lunch with a great atmosphere, open fires and a relaxing setting! We were also thrilled to be listed in the Independent’s 50 Best Sunday Roasts in the UK and then win the 10th Observer Food Monthly ‘Best Sunday Lunch, UK’
Plaudits return year on year, with a listing in the 2017 Observer Best 50 Sunday Lunches in the UK and again in 2018 in Tom Parker Bowles ‘Find the best Sunday Roasts’ in August 2018
We serve a set price 2 or 3 course Sunday lunch menu alongside a number of individually priced specials. Our prime sirloin of locally sourced beef, with the traditional trimmings is one of our many customer favourites! We were also recently reviewed in the Manchester Evening News, gaining a 4/5 for overall experience!
NB: Our Sunday Lunch menu is available alongside specials on our board. The full menu is not available on Sunday. A £5.00 deposit is required per person at time of booking.
PRICES: 2 courses £22.95, 3 courses £25.95 (except Mothering Sunday and Fathers Day when set 3 courses for £25.95).
Locally sourced and sustainable food ethos: we grow it, cook it and you eat it!
We’re working with local producers and suppliers to ensure we have the best quality local ingredients from the Pennine areas including fine cheeses, meats, seafood, fruit and vegetables. We’ve been growing our own fruit and vegetables for over 5 years now from our pub garden and horticulture centre in Heaton Park, Manchester. This includes spuds, spinach, beetroot, turnips, radish, peas and beans, a range of berries and apples, plums and pears! We also have 20 hens for eggs which will be offered when available as part of our daily specials!
Ensuring kids have proper home cooked meals is important to us. We’ve put together a great value kids menu, with some typical kids dishes and mini versions of our pub classics!
Click here for our Children’s menu