- Saint Valentine’s Day dinner: Friday 14th February and Saturday 15th February. Click here for the menu.
- South African wine evening: Friday 21st February. Dinner and wine tasting with each course. £49.50. Bookings through Stuart at the Vineyard on 01706 822213
- Women in wine: Friday 13th March. Dinner and wine tasting with each course. £49.50. Bookings through Stuart at the Vineyard on 01706 822213
- Mothering Sunday: Sunday 22nd March. 3 course Sunday Lunch served from 12 noon until 8pm. Booking essential and £10 per person non-refundable deposit required.
- ‘Old World -v- New World’: Friday 17th April. Dinner and wine tasting with each course. £49.50. Bookings through Stuart at the Vineyard on 01706822213
ERASMUS+ success for our young people!
We were delighted to find out that we have received an EU grant to support 12 young people from Bury and our target communities to access vocational study opportunities in France and Spain. Whilst everybody has been moaning about Brexit, we took control and decided that interchanges of culture and experience are a critical part of being an EU member and as such we will continue to develop vocational projects in our twin-town Angouleme, France; with new relationships made in Euskadi (Basque Country) and Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, both in Spain.
There’s no such thing as Brexit around here… we’re celebrating 60 years of twinning with Angouleme!
We’re pleased to continue returning to maintain our ongoing relationship with our twin town in France. In the last 5 years over 30 young people have benefited from our cultural exchanges with Angouleme! In June 2019, we were a central part of the ‘Semaine Anglaise’ with Glen and the team serving a Lancashire dinner for over 100 guests and then prior to departure, a full Lancashire breakfast for 50 eager French customers! The week including lashings of Thwaites ale, numerous performances by local rock band ‘Novustory’ and fine Lancashire food from the E+C team! We even snuck over to Il de Re on a ’24 hour oyster’ mission…
The next programme is Jandia, Fuerteventura, Spain
‘Oh this year we’re off to sunny Spain… hey viva Espanya…
Our staff will be learning basic Spanish this year so that they can apply for a 2 week ERASMUS+ placement to work in a hotel in Jandia, Fuerteventura.
Glen will be off to meet with the staff and students at the IES Jandia Hospitality School in January 2020 to set up a new exchange programme which will see around 20 young people from Lancashire and Fuerteventura undertaking cultural work placements in hospitality and catering! A great opportunity for young people to learn new practical and language skills, as well as cultural insights. These interchanges are so important for young people to support their personal development and cultural awareness.
…. that’s why I’ve learnt the way to shout: Ole!
WE PROMOTE CULTURAL DIVERSITY THROUGH EDUCATION AND ACCESSIBILITY OF OPPORTUNITY TO ALL YOUNG PEOPLE. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.