Glen Duckett is the man behind the vision of reviving the Eagle and Child Ramsbottom as a family dining pub, whilst creating training and employment opportunities for young people who are not in education, employment or training. The concept is a community pub with top notch food and service.
We’ve won Manchester Food and Drink Awards TWICE as
‘Best Food Pub’
With a commitment to the local environment and local economy, through sourcing seasonal and local produce and suppliers, Glen is keen to show that businesses can do more to support their local community in order to be a success.
We think that it is important that businesses support their local community so we’ve made a few pledges. We aim to:
- Train and employ local young people aged 14-25 to get the skills and experience to get a career in the food sector. Since we opened in October 2011, we’ve supported 130 unemployed and disadvantaged young people into training and employment with an 70% achievement and progression rate! Find out more from Chris and Justine two of our young employees. You can read our Impact Report here
- Reduce, reuse and recycle through making sure that we strive for the minimal impact on our local and global environment. We compost and recycle around 95% of our waste.
- Provide a base and free meeting space for community and voluntary groups.
- Support Incredible Edible Ramsbottom to get people growing, cooking and eating local!
- Source our ingredients and suppliers from the Pennine areas, ensuring where possible that we use seasonal produce to support the local economy and reduce food miles.
- Work with other social businesses to widen our social impact.
We are working with Belu water, Key Fund, Phone Co-op, Re:work and Unltd.
- Let you know how we’re doing, so you can see we’re ‘walking the walk’, not just ‘talking the talk’!