We’re proud to have won the Great British Pub Awards ‘Pub of the Year’ in September 2017, for our unique concept and offer. As a social business our key objective is to support young people into work in the pub, catering and hospitality trades. We target young people who are marginalised and need extra help such as young offenders and disabled young people. We’re still rated as one of the best food pubs in Greater Manchester, having consistently featured in all the main national newspapers ‘Top 50 Sunday Lunch’ features year on year.
So why not join us to enjoy our great hospitality and food? You can also feel good about helping to change young people’s lives. We’re proud to be different!
We’ve a stunning Orangery dining room, with fine views across the Irwell valley to Holcombe and 5 stunning boutique bedrooms, so you can enjoy a stay for business or pleasure! We’re conveniently located just off the M66 so ideally located for Pennine Lancashire, Manchester, Rochdale, Bolton and Bury.
Please check out our Twitter feed below for recent news and updates!
Sean Forshaw and team are serving you the best locally sourced and seasonal Pennine foods, including our home grown produce. We use traditional recipes with a twist, so you can experience the best in Lancashire pub grub and hospitality! Please click here for more information on our food including example menus. Our festive menus are now live and we’re taking bookings for all dates. Bookings for the Christmas Fayre menu made on or before the 31st October with a deposit will receive a 10% discount.
We have 5 fabulous individually designed en-suite double rooms (2 with baths and balconies). All rooms have large beds and modern touches to ensure you have a luxurious stay with us. Our accommodation is rated 4 star by Visit England. Click here for more information on staying with us.
Cask ales are provided by our reputable local brewer Daniel Thwaites, where only select pubs and inns have access to their craft ales including our own ale ‘Top Bunk’. We have 15 gins available, an ample enough wine list (including vegan wines by the glass) and a great selection of seasonal cocktails and mocktails, which much like everything we do, are our twist on classic recipes! Glen or Jack will always be happy to rustle up your favourite cocktail for a special occasion! We’re on the East Lancs Rail Ale Trail- click here for more information!
Winner of a host of plaudits for our social and environmental credentials, you can be pleased that your custom is helping to tackle youth unemployment and invest in the next generation of chefs and hospitality professionals. Our social enterprise EAT Pennines trains and employs young people aged 16-25 to make sure that they have the skills and experience to move into work or further training in the food sector. Chris and Justine tell their story with a short video. Click here to see their story. We work with a wide range of young people, but are also committed to helping those at most disadvantage in the work place, including young offenders, young parents and young people with a disability. Since we opened in October 2011, across all our sites, we have supported over 120 unemployed and disadvantaged young people into training and employment, with a 75% achievement and progression rate. Click here to read more about our social impact.
We were proud to make the top 5 in the Sustainable Restaurant Association’s People’s Choice award and win the Hospitality and Tourism Skills for Business award in 2016. We were also runners up in the Bolton and Bury Business Awards for Apprentice Provider of 2016! We then won the coveted British Institute of Innkeeping (Bii) National Innovation in Training Award as Independent Trainer of the year!
Our awards and accolades to date include:
- Winner ‘Pub of the Year’ Great British Pub Awards, 2017
- Winner ‘Best Family Dining’ Lancashire Life Awards, 2017
- Listed Top 50 Sunday Lunches in UK, Observer Food Monthly, 2017
- Winner ‘Best Independent Trainer’ British Institute of Innkeeping NITA, 2016
- Winner ‘Best Food Pub’ Manchester Food and Drink Festival, 2016
- Winner ‘Entrepreneur of the year’ Skills for Business awards, 2016
- Winner ‘Hospitality + Tourism’ Skills for Business awards, 2016
- Winner ‘Best Trainer’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence, 2016
- Glen Duckett: Runner up ‘Licensee of the year award’ British Institute of Innkeeping, 2016
- Winner ‘Community Impact’ Made in Bury awards, 2015
- Runner up ‘Sustainable Restaurant Association People’s Choice Award’ 2015
- Winner ‘Community Pub of the Year’ Sawday’s Guide to Pubs and Inns, 2014/15
- Winner ‘Best Food Pub’ Lancashire Life, 2014
- Winner ‘Best Food Pub’ Manchester Food and Drink Festival, 2014
- Winner ‘Best Dining Pub’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2014
- Winner ‘Pub of 2014’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2014
- Listed in the Independent’s Top 50 Sunday Roasts, 2013 + 2014
- Winner ‘Best Sunday Lunch, UK’ 10th Observer Food Monthly Awards 2013
- Winner ‘Best Newcomer’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2012
- Winner ‘Best Food’ Daniel Thwaites Awards for Excellence 2012
- Winner ‘Best Newcomer’ Great British Pub Awards 2012
- Highly commended: Lancashire Telegraph Business Awards 2012 Social and Community award
|Monday: 12-3, 5-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9|
|Tuesday: 12-3, 5-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9|
|Wednesday: 12-3, 5-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9|
|Thursday: 12-3, 5-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9|
|Friday: 12-11.00||Food served 12-2.30, 5-9.30|
|Saturday: 12-11.00||Food served 12-9.30|
|Sunday: 12-7.00||Food served 12-7, Sunday lunch menu only|
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY THE BAR MENU IS AVAILABLE FROM 2.30PM-5PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY.
AFTERNOON TEA IS AVAILABLE MONDAY TO FRIDAY 3PM BY ADVANCED BOOKING.
Wanting to book a table? CLICK HERE or call 01706 557181 (Please call us if you are wanting to book a table on the day or at short notice, do not use the email link)